Not the most exciting of breakfasts, however when you are short on time this morning meal cannot be beat. You've got your calcium from the yoghurt, fibre and antioxidants from the fruit & chia seeds, antioxidants from the seeds, protein from the nuts and a full stomach from the oats or granola. I love this fuss-free breakfast. I have issues with lactose however natural yoghurt seems to be fine. If you cannot stomach yoghurt, substitute for 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or oat milk.
- 100-125g natural yoghurt (with a sugar % of less than 7% per 100g)
- 1 serving of fruit, such as 1 kiwi fruit, 1 small apple, 1 small pear, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Optional - 1 tablespoon flaxseed (not in photo)
- 15g almonds (can be chopped or flaked)
- 50g oats or 3/4 cup homemade granola
1. Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir together if you wish.
Total Preparation time / 5 minutes max