|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Thursday, April 16, 2015

TOMATO, ALMOND & BASIL PESTO PASTA


This deliciously quick pesto pasta recipe is sadly not one of my own. My favourite cooking magazine, Feast, published this recipe in its March 2015 edition. Unfortunately, the magazine is no longer in business. I was devastated to hear of this, as I learnt so much of what I know about cooking through pouring over my monthly Feast fix. Over the 30 editions of the magazine in my possession, the eating traditions and recipes of almost every single culture of the world was brought to light. I intend to treasure this incredible magazine through replicating its diverse recipes every so often on my blog. Thankyou for all you taught me Feast magazine, you truly instilled in me a deep love and respect for good food. 

Ingredients

  • 400g gluten-free pasta (any type of pasta, however spaghetti works well)
  • 60g almonds, roughly chopped
  • 400g tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • 1 cup densely packed basil, roughly chopped
  • 50g feta
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley or chives (chives must be roughly chopped)
  • 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Cooking 

1. Bring a large saucepan of boiling and lightly salted water to the boil. Once boiled add the pasta and cook until pasta is to your liking. Drain pasta in a colander over cold running water, keeping 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. 

2. Meanwhile, put all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until the ingredients make a textured paste. 

3. Return the pasta to the saucepan over low heat and pour in the reserved cooking liquid. Add the paste and stir well to combine. Season with ground black pepper and serve with extra basil leaves, if desired. 

Serves /
Total Preparation time / 10 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 15 minutes 

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...