|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

SALMON and VEGETABLE MUFFINS


I've finally found a way for myself to enjoy salmon! I really hate that I cannot stand salmon fillets, as I know how healthy they are for me. After eating red salmon in a sandwich that a lovely friend's mum made for me a while back, I realised that I didn't mind salmon in a tin! I figure that if I start eating salmon in these muffins I will be able to gradually work my way towards salmon fillets! I eat these with a side salad for a light dinner. You can top the muffins with extra herbs and a dollop of reduced-fat sour cream, if desired. 

INGREDIENTS

  • extra virgin olive oil spray or 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 eggs, preferably free-range
  • 1 can (210g) red salmon, drained, flaked & any bones removed
  • 1/4 cup reduced fat cows milk (or if intolerant/allergic to dairy substitute for lactose-free, soy or unsweetened almond milk)
  • 1/4 cup water 
  • 1/2 red or green capsicum, deseed and finely chopped
  • a generous handful of baby spinach, chopped
  • a small handful of dill and / or parsley, finely chopped
  • 30g reduced fat feta, crumbled
  • a generous amount of ground black pepper



COOKING 

1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees. Spray or brush all holes of a 12 standard muffin tray. 

2. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl, then add the salmon, milk, water, capsicum, spinach, herb/s, feta and pepper. Mix well to combine and add more water if the mixture is too thick for your liking. 

3. Pour the salmon & egg mixture into the prepared muffin holes. I like to make big muffins, therefore I usually make around 9 muffins. If you want to make 12 muffins, pour a little less into each muffin hole. 

4. Bake for around 25 minutes or until egg is just set and golden. Remove warm, topped with extra herbs, if desired. 

Makes /
Total Preparation time / under 15 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 25 minutes 

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...