|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Sunday, September 18, 2011

KEBAB BLISS

ROSEMARY AND GARLIC KEBABS



Another summer recipe! Spring is in the air and I find myself dreaming of bbqs and lazy Sunday afternoons filled with sticks of meat, colourful salads and good conversation. And of course a bottle of wine. 

This recipe I made as a side to the summer pasta salad, just to increase the protein on the table. Like the pasta salad, this dish is extremely effortless and tastes delightful. 

Ingredients 
  • 8 x 15cm stalks fresh rosemary 
    • I admit I used dried rosemary for this- use between 1-2 tablespoons depending on your love for the herb. 
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed 
    • 1/2- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic from jar 
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice 
    • either from a lemon if you have one sitting around at home, as this will taste a little fresher than a tablespoon from a bottle of lemon juice. 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 500g diced lamb
  • 6-10 skewers

Cooking 

1. Place skewers in water for approximately 20 minutes, so they do not burn during cooking. I used around 6 skewers for this dish. 

2. Pull enough leaves from the bottom of the rosemary stalks to make 2 tablespoons of finely chopped leaves (or use 2 tablespoons dried rosemary); toss in small bowl with garlic, juice and oil. 

3. Thread lamb onto skewers, brush with rosemary oil mixture. 

4. Cook kebabs on heated oil barbecue until cooked as desired. 
- I want a barbecue desperately for this summer. Until I have one in my possession, I use the oven for bbq dishes. When the top side of the lamb became brown, I just turned the skewers over so that both sides were cooked evenly. Simple!

Preparation time- 20 minutes 
Cooking time- 20 minutes 
Serves 4 

15.6g fat per serving / 1024kj (245 calories) / 0.3g carbohydrate / 26.2 protein / 0.1g fibre. 




xx E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...