|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Thursday, December 1, 2011

LOW-FAT COLESLAW



I have always wanted to make my own coleslaw. The obstacle preventing me from realizing this goal for the past year has been the fact that I cannot stand coleslaw that is made with oil and/or cream. The smell of it alone repulses me. I discovered a light low-fat mayonnaise the other day (Praise 99% fat free) that I decided to use when making my very own coleslaw recipe. A vivid red cabbage caught my eye at a farmers market last weekend which I purchased to use as the base for this dish. Besides being deliciously light in calories, the dish is extremely colourful and quite striking to look at. I served this coleslaw tonight as a side dish and it was consumed by the four of us hungry diners within minutes. 



INGREDIENTS

  • 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1 cup wombok (chinese cabbage), finely shredded
  • 2 small carrots or 1 large carrot, grated 
  • 3 green onions, finely chopped
  • sea salt & ground pepper 
  • 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice 

COOKING

1. Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss well. 





x E 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...