|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

VERMICELLI MADE EASY

 I make this dish several times a week and eat it for lunch.  Whilst I love Vietnamese food, I have yet to find more than one Vietnamese restaurant in Brisbane that has great value for money and great vermicelli noodles. I wish I could eat at said restaurant twice a day, but as my finances restrict me, I decided to make my own, very simple vermicelli dish. I find it fun to play around with the vegetables and throw in whatever is looking rather sad in my fridge, such as lettuce, chives, red cabbage. My boyfriend likes to add copious amounts of Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise to this noodle dish; I suggest either going with out as the taste is still great with the sesame oil, lime juice and soy sauce, or just adding a tiny dash of mayonnaise! 

INGREDIENTS
  • 500g vermicelli  (thin bean thread noodles)
  •  3 green onions, diced finely
  • 1 large carrot (100g), grated finely
  • 250g chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil 
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 4-5 tablespoons soy sauce (preferably salt-reduced)

COOKING


1. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring for around 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and coloured. 


2. Meanwhile, either bring 11/2 litres of water to the boil in a saucepan on the stove or in an electric kettle. Pour boiled water over the vermicelli, making sure to cover all of the noodles. Use a fork to gently detach the noodles from one another. Leave to sit for a few minutes, then drain vermicelli in a colander. 


3. Place cooked vermicelli in a large serving bowl and add chicken, green onion, carrot, sesame oil and soy sauce. Toss ingredients well to combine. 



x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...