|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

NIGELLA'S SLIMMING SECRET IS PILATES, NOT DIETING




The world's favourite volumptous chef Nigella Lawson has whittled down her curves in a matter of months! Lawson, 52, has reportedly lost three stone (19 kilograms) over the past few months and attributes this weight loss to good old fashioned exercise, not extreme dieting. 

The cuisine queen has dropped two dress sizes by indulging in regular Pilates and running. "“Exercise is the only thing that means I can still eat. It’s about keeping the status quo,” Nigella said in a recent interview. Lawson also revealed that has a very interesting running regime! “I’ve got a treadmill upstairs. I lock the door so no-one can come in. I just wear a bra and a pair of trainers when I run". What a great (and confronting) way to start motivated! 

Nigella has found another benefit of exercise; it relieves her stress. "I play very loud music - disco and 1980s - and sing (when I am on the treadmill). “I’ve got a terrible voice. Running and singing clears my head because I’m such a frantic worrier." 

Nigella spoke openly about her weight battle at her husband's gallery opening this week. "I like my food and I'm not going to diet so it has to be exercise for me,' Lawson explained. The self-proclaimed food lover has struggled with her weight publicly for years and is very happy to be back in shape and looking toned and trim. Interestingly, the famous chef "didn't like eating as a child". As a child that attended boarding school, Nigella recalls that if she did not finish everything on her plate, it was brought back cold at the next meal and she was forced to eat it. "Lancashire hotpot brought back again and again - I remember putting it in the bin and hoping not to get found out and, of course getting found out! “At boarding school I used to read recipe books and think of all the nice food I wasn’t eating.” So that is how this world-renowned chef was born! 

Nigella attributes her new physique to regular Pilates classes and a decrease in alcohol consumption. 'I took up Pilates classes to help with my bad back some months ago and since I've been doing them, I've actually dropped a couple of dress sizes.' Lawson also frequently writes on her website (www.nigella.com/kitchen-witter) about her Pilates training! 


What to slim down and tone up like Nigella? Having no luck losing weight with extreme fad diets? Call Premium Pilates Studio today on 0402 680 724 or visit us online at premiumpilatestudio.com  to get back into shape and feel confident like Nigella. 


x E






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...