|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Saturday, March 1, 2014

BANANA, FIG & DATE SMOOTHIE



I saw this recipe on instagram and thought to myself; ‘nope I don’t see that combination of flavours working at all’. I was so intrigued by this abnormal blend of ingredients that I decided to try my hand at making this smoothie yesterday afternoon. Luckily for me, I had all the ingredients in my cupboard; don’t stress if you don’t have the psyllium husk as it is optional. I was very pleasantly surprised by how delicious this little drink was and how prevalent the fig, date and cinnamon flavour was in every sip. Definitely a humble moment for me; never again will I judge a smoothie until I make it myself. 

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 frozen banana (skin peeled)
  • 5 dried figs (or fresh, if available)
  • 2 fresh dates, stones/pips removed 
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (powder)
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk 
  • ice cubes
  • 1 teaspoon white/black chia seeds 


PREPARATION 

1. Blend all ingredients in a fast-speed blender until combined. Serve topped with a cinnamon stick, more chia seeds and goji berries (cinnamon stick just for decoration). 

Serves / 1-2 
Total Fridge to Glass time / 5 minutes 

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...