I've tweaked this recipe several times over the past few weeks and feel that the below ingredient list is at its best. Half an avocado is a necessity, as it makes the mixture creamy and smooth. A frozen banana (or 2 small) is almost a must for creating the ice cream consistency. I like to use 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk for a delicious flavour, however any almond milk would do. My fiancee and I love these choc banana popsicles, as they taste like a guilt-free ice cream and have been cooling us down over the past few steamy days!
- 1 large frozen banana or 2 small frozen bananas
- 2 heaped tablespoons cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 a medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 ice block / popsicle moulds
1. Place all the ingredients in a good blender. Blend on a high setting until smooth and all ingredients are well combined. You may need to add more water if the mixture is too thick.
2. Pour the mixture evenly into 6 ice block/ popsicle moulds and place in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
To eat- run the mould under hot water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicle.
Makes / 6
Total Preparation time / 5 minutes
Total Freezing time / minimum of 3 hours