|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Thursday, July 30, 2015

STEAK with TOMATO, MUSTARD & PARSLEY SAUCE



I used to despite eating steak, however now I often find myself craving it. It is such a great late night after work dinner, as it is light on the carbs and filled with protein and iron. I can never eat steak by itself and have splattered tomato sauce / ketchup on my medium-rare, top quality steaks for as long as I can remember. My dad positively faints at this habit, my mother shakes her head and my boyfriend screams at me ‘stop, you are ruining it!’. Hence I decided to finally listen to them, as they may be onto something. Hence the tomato, mustard and parsley sauce (still got my tomato in!). Sumac is my new favourite spice and goes incredibly well with tomatoes (you can buy it at any major supermarket in the baking isle). Lastly, a splash of vinegar and voila, a steak sauce worth of a eye fillet steak. If you want to add some delicious Sweet Potato Fries to accompany your steak, prepare and place the fries in the oven before starting to cook the steak. Follow my easy Sweet Potato Fry recipe by clicking on this link: http://soulfulsandwiches.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/sweet-potato-fries.html

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 x 120g (150g for men) eye fillet steak, fat removed
  • 1 tablespoon rice bran oil 
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • Aluminium foil 
  • 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 2 heaped tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 1 heaped tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon ground sumac 
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

COOKING 

1. Combine the steaks, garlic and oil in a medium bowl and mix so that the garlic and oil coats the steak. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and cook steaks to your specification / liking. (I like steaks medium rare, so I cooked them for around 3-4 minutes each side, then cut into the side of one of the pieces to make sure that it is ready). After cooking the steaks, left them to rest for 5 minutes loosely wrapped in aluminium foil before serving. 

2. Whilst the steaks are resting combine the tomatoes, parsley, mustard, sumac, vinegar and a pinch of ground black pepper in a small bowl and stir well to combine all ingredients.  

Serve warm with tomato, mustard & parsley sauce on top or on the side. 

Serves / 2 
Total Preparation time / 10 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 10 minutes plus 5 minutes resting time 

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...