When I did a ski season in Canada in 2007, my friend and I lived off avocado dip and crackers. Our avocado dip consisted of a ripe avocado, lemon juice and far too much salt. Over the years I like to think that I have perfected this little dip by adding a few choice Indian spices. I especially like that I use no oil, as so many dips do. You can substitute the lime juice for lemon or the chives for chopped coriander or parsley if you wish.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or very finely chopped
- the juice of 1 small to medium lime
- a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- Optional - 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
1. Mash avocado into a paste and then add all the other ingredients, stirring well to combine. Make sure you taste the dip a few times, adding a little more of an ingredient if need be. Serve alongside raw vegetables or crackers.