|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ASIAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP


When I was in Melbourne a few weekends ago, I had the most amazing $9.50 dinner at ‘Noodle House’ on the edge of Chinatown. Me and Chris trawled the city, gawking in restaurant windows to see if tables were full, as you know the old standby- if there’s lots of French/German/Chinese in a French/German/Chinese restaurant, you know the food is good! We found such a place and order bowls of noodles. Within 2 minutes of ordering the soup, they were placed in front of us (no exaggeration here) and they were MASSIVE, even by Western standards. Neither of us could finish our bowls and trust me when I say that we are hearty eaters. I vowed to make my own noodle soup dish when I returned to my kitchen. My re-creation below is super simple and very easy to make with barely any ingredients involved. Not as delectable as the Noodle House soup, but way less oil was used and it was my first attempt. Stay tuned for more.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 litres chicken stock (preferably Massel)
  • 3 shallots, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil 
  • 500g chicken breast, cut into even 3cm pieces
  • 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes 
  • 400g rice noodles 

COOKING 

1. Place chicken stock, sesame oil and chicken in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring chicken occasionally. When stock has boiled, check that chicken is cooked through (a good way to do this is to remove the largest piece of chicken from the pot and cut into the middle, making sure that no pink colouring remains). Add noodles, separately with a fork and cooking for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve warm. 

Serves /
Total Preparation time / 5 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 6-7 minutes 

x E



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...