|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Friday, July 13, 2012

GLUTEN, WHEAT & DAIRY-FREE ANZAC COOKIES


I recently discovered chef Teresa Cutter’s cooking website; http://www.thehealthychef.com/ after a good friend sent me the link. This is gluten and dairy-free cooking & baking at its best. So many of the desserts & cakes, biscuits, pies and breads caught my eye that I haven’t even glanced at the breakfast, lunch and dinner categories (although I am sure they are delicious and will exceed my expectations). Whilst I like to think that I can create my own GF & DF breakfasts, lunches and dinners without assistance, I seem to fail with baking. Teresa’s simple instructions and nutritious ingredients make it easy for even the worst baker to create something beautiful. These are single-handedly the tastiest Anzac biscuits I have ever eaten and the healthiest. Check out Teresa's website today!

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
  • 3/4 cup flaked almonds
  • 1 cup desiccated & unsweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup lightly sugared pineapple pieces, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
  • water - 3-4 tablespoons  

COOKING 

1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 140 degrees celsius and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Stir almond meal, flaked almonds and coconut together in a large bowl. 

2. Pour honey, coconut oil and vanilla essence in a small saucepan and gently simmer, stirring. Combine the bicarb of soda and 1 tablespoon water into the saucepan and stir until mixture starts to froth (this will only take a few seconds). 

3. Pour the honey mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add more water if needed to help ingredients stick together. (I added around 3 extra tablespoons of water). Form into 20-22 even cookies. 

4. Bake in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes or until golden. Tip- make sure that you watch the cookies in the oven during this time, as they will go from golden brown to burnt before you know it. Remove cookies from the oven and cool before eating. 

Makes / 20-22 cookies
Total Preparation time / 15 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 30 minutes 

x E






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...