|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Saturday, November 10, 2012

ELLE MACPHERSON IS PILATES PRETTY IN LONDON



Australia's own Elle Macpherson was spotted on Thursday leaving a Pilates class in London, England. Keeping up with her busy fitness regime, the famous model, actress and businesswomen looked content and casual as she braved the cold UK weather. Elle seemed to be in a good mood  after her Pilates session, as she smiled for the many camera's on her way to her car. 
The women famously dubbed as 'The Body' (for appearing in a record breaking five Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover shoots in the 1980's) has defined gravity and somehow managed to stay super fit, toned and trim throughout her 48 years. Elle's reveals her top five health and workout secrets in a recent interview with Fitness magazine UK.

1. Be Active & Rehydrate.
 Elle makes sure that wherever she is in the world, she does one hour of physical activity every day. This could be skiing if Ms Macpherson is lucky enough to be in the mountains, a Pilates or Yoga class, Spinning or Running. Elle makes it a habit to take her iPod and sneakers with her everywhere. 'Running is not only a really effective way to stay fit, but it is also a sort of moving meditation' says 'The Body'. 'I do Pilates, and when abroad I surf and paddle-board. Water is my biggest beauty tip: I drink three litres a day!'.

2. Worry about how you feel, not how you look. 
Elle openly admits that she is more inspired by wellness than beauty. 'My motivation is feeling joyful, inspired, passionate, patient, strong, and healthy. That's more important to me than hitting X number of pounds on the scale, and it's what drives what I eat and how I work out'. 

3. Do what you love. 

Many people forget that in addition to being an incredible model, Elle is a savvy businesswoman. Elle is the creative director of not one, but two very successful companies: Elle Macpherson Intimates lingerie and Elle Macpherson The Body, her own line of bath products. Elle also co-creates, produces and hosts Fashion Star, a new NBC designer reality-TV show. Ms Macpherson, a single mother of two boys, has a simple wish: to be healthy and happy and to do what she loves in life. 'I'm passionate about lingerie and Fashion Star, and I'm passionate about my sports -- skiing, surfing, biking' says Elle. 'I don't see a sport as something I have to do to be thin, the same way I don't see my business as something I have to do to make money'. 

4. Embrace your age. 

At 48 years of age, Elle knows that she does not have the same body that she had when she was 20. However Elle embraces her age, as wisdom comes with the added years. 'I don't have the same mind-set now as when I was 20. Back then I was wracked with self-consciousness and insecurity. Now I appreciate my maturity, my depth of spirit and soul, and my understanding of who I am and what's important to me.'

5. Motivate Yourself. 

Elle struggles with motivating herself to exercise sometimes, which we can all relate to. When feeling particularly uninspired to workout, Elle asks herself one question: 'Will I feel better or worse after doing a sport? I can't ever remember doing something physical and feeling worse after.' 

Want to be fit, toned and happy like Elle is at 48 years old age? Try Pilates today! Call Premium Pilates Studio on 0402 680 724 or visit us online at premiumpilatesstudio.com. 

x E



1 comment:

  1. "The rose and lily on her cheek assays
    To paint true fairness out in bravest sort,
    Her lips, where blooms naught but the single rose,
    Still blush, for still they kiss while still they close..."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...