|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

GREEN LEMON-LIME SMOOTHIE



As my dad so eloquently said when he saw a picture of this smoothie; ‘it looks much more appetising that the darker green one!’ (which I posted a few days ago). This green smoothie was indeed lighter in consistency and flavour than my first attempt and helped me greatly in reducing a rare hangover last Sunday morning. Either green smoothie works well, my advice is to try both and see which one your palate favours (I'm currently torn between the two!). I really enjoyed the lemon and lime zing and the freshness of the cucumber. I still cannot believe I’m drinking vegetables! It really is an inspired way to increase your vegetable intake. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 lebanese cucumber, roughly chopped
  • the juice of 1/2 lemon
  • the juice of 1/2 lime 
  • 1 large red apple, core removed & roughly chopped
  • 1 medium pear, core removed & roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup coconut water 

PREPARATION 

1. Throw all ingredients into a blender with a handful of ice and blend until smooth. 

Makes / 2 servings
Total Preparation time / 6 minutes 


x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...