|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Sunday, June 16, 2013

PEASANT SOUP



As I’ve mentioned a few times on this blog, I will not write unless I feel inspired. I do not believe in forcing myself to write, as I think it just sounds fake and I do not want to insult my readers. Having experienced a very busy time at work recently among other things I have not felt the same draw to my blog that I once previously felt. Also as I am considering changing the title of this blog from Soulful Sandwiches to my company name, Premium Pilates Studio, I allowed myself to get swept up in anxiety over how I would make that transition. All in all, I wound myself up over absolutely nothing of consequence, as some woman may be familiar with. I told myself I would not post in my blog until I felt that exciting pull to my kitchen once again. Luckily, that inspiration came on Saturday as I found myself pouring over Janella Purcell’s ‘Wholefood Kitchen’ cookbook and came across a delightful and rather unique soup collection. Whilst I changed the vegetables in this soup and I welcome you to as well, the integrity of the soup remains very Janella. I adore the name of this soup too.


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (in liquid form)
  • 1 large garlic cloves (or 2 small), finely chopped
  • 2 medium carrots, diced
  • 1 cup finely chopped kale, stalks removed
  • 1 medium sweet corn, kernels removed 
  • 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 cup gluten-free macaroni (or brown rice pasta shells- these require a longer cooking time)

COOKING 

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the leek, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes or until leek is soft but not burnt. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the carrot, kale and corn to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes then add the stock, bay leaf, thyme and oregano and cover the pan. 

2. Bring the soup to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the carrot and corn is cooked. Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes or until just al dente. Serve warm, topped with herbs if you desire. 

Serves  / 4
Total Preparation time / 15 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 25 minutes 


x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...