|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

SPROUT SALAD



This meal in a salad does involve a little pre-preparation- such as cooking the beetroot, cooking the lentils (or draining and washing canned ones if you prefer or are time-poor) and hard-boiling the eggs. Luckily I had all those ingredients in my fridge ready to go yesterday night as all I wanted to do was sit down with a big bag of salty, greasy chips. Yes I do get those cravings occasionally, especially when my body and mind feels very tired and overwhelmed. That is one of the main reasons why I try to prepare as much food as possible on Sunday- I hard-boil eggs, I roast beetroot, I cut green beans, carrot and celery, I made date balls to combat my weekly desire for sugar. It stops me from reaching for the chips…most days. Everything in moderation, including moderation, as a beautiful client of mine says. 


INGREDIENTS
  • a generous handful of snow pea sprouts, roughly chopped
  • 100g mung beans
  • 100g brown lentils, cooked
  • 1 beetroot, cooked & cut into thin wedges
  • 1 large tomato, cut into small pieces
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped into wedges
  • a handful of sunflower seeds 
  • sea salt & garlic flakes 
  • balsamic vinegar, to dress 

PREPARATION 

1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium to large salad bowl and toss well. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, if desired. 

Serves /
Total Preparation time / 5 minutes 

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...