|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

CHOCOLATE (COCO POP) GRANOLA




This granola has been adapted from Sarah Wilson's 'I Quit Sugar for Life' cookbook. This is my 3rd attempt at this granola and I think I have the ingredients and their quantities pretty down pat. I love serving this with fresh fruit and almond milk, however a dollop of natural yoghurt would be beautiful as well. If I have a big morning I eat 3/4 a cup of this granola, for a smaller morning I consume 1/2 cup. After making my own granola I doubt I will ever go back to store-bought. Perhaps you won't either after tasting this Chocolate 'Coco Pop' granola. You can buy puffed corn & rice from major supermarkets and health food stores. Alternatively you can use rolled oats, however I have made it with both and prefer this granola gluten-free. 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups puffed corn
  • 4 cups puffed rice
  • 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (I used a mixture of almonds, cashews & walnuts), roughly chopped
  • 1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 heaped tablespoons cacao powder
  • 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup or honey 
  • 4 tablespoons coconut oil

Method

1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 140 degrees celsius. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. 

2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix really well so that all the ground cinnamon and cacao powder is combined. 

3. Spread the granola on the prepared baking tray, trying to make a single layer if possible. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes with the tray turned 180 degrees so that the granola bakes evenly. 

4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely. Serve with fruit and milk or yoghurt if desires. 

Makes / around 7-8 cups
Total Preparation & Cooking time / 45 minutes (plus cooling time) 

x Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...