I often fail miserably to have just one of these bliss balls a day, however I try never to go over two a day. Thess balls were inspired from a delicious batch a lovely client gave me to sample a few weeks ago. If you do not have a food processor handy, not to worry. Instead you can just mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl; your bliss balls will take on a chunkier texture that is equally as nice as a smooth consistency. I often find myself doubling the recipe so I have lots of these treats in the fridge! You could use puffed rice or puffed quinoa instead of oats.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (or gluten-free rolled oats if celiac)
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons raw cacao (depends on how chocolatey you want it!)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup or honey
- 2 heaped tablespoons natural peanut butter (contains only peanuts)
- 1 heaped tablespoon hulled tahini (or substitute for another tablespoon of peanut butter)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional- 2 heaped tablespoons of protein powder (I use rice or pea protein powder)
- Desiccated coconut - to roll balls in
1. Process all the ingredients in a food processor until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add additional water; 1 tablespoon at a time to the processor and stir. (Without a food processor: stir all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Add more water if needed).
2. Pour a layer of desiccated coconut on a serving plate. With wet hands roll each ball then roll in the coconut. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Makes / 12-13 medium balls