|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Saturday, February 18, 2012

MANGO, PEACH & ROCKMELON FRAPPE



It occurred to me the other day that I have not tried my hand at many juices, smoothies or frappes since I bought a very powerful blender a few months ago. I really have no excuse for this, as my kitchen is always stocked with fresh fruit (some 24 year old’s spend their disposable income on clothes, I choose to spend mine on food). Today (Sunday) was a particularly hot day in Brisbane. I suggested making a frappe and my boyfriend was the one who came up with the concoction below. The types of fruit used can be varied as you please, however try to use a whole mango, as this fruit thickens the frappe. You could use raspberries and/or nectarines instead 0f peach and/or rock melon. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 mango, sliced into chunks
  • 1/2 a medium peach, cut into thin slices 
  • 150g rockmelon, peeled, chopped and seeds removed, plus extra to serve 
  • a handful of ice
  • a blender

COOKING 

1. Combine all the fruit pieces and the ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with a few rock melon pieces, if desired. 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...