|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SPICED AVOCADO DIP




When I did a ski season in Canada in 2007, my friend and I lived off avocado dip and crackers. Our avocado dip consisted of a ripe avocado, lemon juice and far too much salt. Over the years I like to think that I have perfected this little dip by adding a few choice Indian spices. I especially like that I use no oil, as so many dips do. You can substitute the lime juice for lemon or the chives for chopped coriander or parsley if you wish. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 ripe avocados 
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped, plus extra
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • the juice of 1 small to medium lime 
  • a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper 

METHOD 

1. Mash avocado into a paste and then add all the other ingredients, stirring well to combine. Make sure you taste the dip a few times, adding a little more of an ingredient if need be. Top with extra chives. 

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...