|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Monday, February 20, 2012

FRIED BROWN RICE WITH BROCCOLINI



Whenever I am alone for dinner I like to cook meals that my boyfriend would never eat. Hence the broccolini fried rice below. Broccolini and soy sauce together are just divine. Add a few eschalots and some garlic and you have got an amazingly tasty side dish. As I am inherently quite lazy, when I am alone for dinner I make very simple meals…or maybe I unconsciously make them simple as I know that I have no one to show off to…whatever the reason, give this fuss-free dish a try! 



INGREDIENTS

  • 100g brown rice, cooked
  • 1bunch broccolini, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 eschalot, finely chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce 

COOKING 

1. Steam the broccolini for around 4-5 minutes. (If you do not have a steamer you can just boil water in a saucepan and place a colander on top, placing the broccolini in the colander and the saucepan lid on top). 

2. Heat the sesame oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and eshalots, cooking for 2 minutes. Make sure that you stir the ingredients constantly so that the garlic does not burn. Add the steamed broccolini and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Add the rice and soy sauce and stir for another 2 minutes. 

Serves / 2
Preparation & Cooking Time / 15 minutes 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...