As a Nutritional & Exercise coach at work (the ‘Results’ Coach), I like to think that I eat pretty healthily. However, when Studio Pilates commenced their 12 week challenge this past Monday and I gave a talk to over 30 people about exactly what they should and shouldn’t be eating, I realized that I would have to follow the eating & exercise pattern to the letter for 3 months so I would truly understand what they were going through. Hence the healthier recipes that will appear. You may also notice that many of the recipes are simpler and easier to make, an added bonus! For anyone trying to make better eating choices for life, these recipes are for you (and me!).
- 1 1/2 cups doongara rice
- 200g brown lentils, rinsed & drained
- 200g red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- sea salt & black pepper
1. Cook rice by bringing rice and 3 cups water to the boil, then simmering for 10-12 minutes over low heat until water is absorbed. Stir in lentils and kidney beans for 1 minute before removing rice from heat.
2. Place rice in a large serving bowl and mix green onions & basil in well to combine. Season with sea salt & pepper.
Serves / 2 as a main / 4 as a side
Total Preparation time / 5 minutes
Total Cooking time / 20 minutes