|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA

Before I became dairy-free, I thought that a pizza was simply not a pizza without cheese. In fact, pizza was one of the many foods that I thought I would have to cease eating earlier this year. Now I haven’t eaten fast-food pizza for years; I’m referring to delicious homemade pizza, without bucket loads of oil and flour in them. With a few busy nights last week, I was at a loss for what to make for dinner. My gorgeous mother had stocked my pantry with potatoes and gluten-free pizza bases just that morning (I love living close to her), hence came my idea for Potato & Rosemary pizza. The Antipasto pizza is similar to my past homemade pizza creations. Without tooting my own horn at all, I think these pizza’s tasted better without cheese. If you are dairy-free and can’t live without cheese on pizza, try grating some hard goat’s cheese on the pizza or some goat’s or sheep’s feta. Unfortunately the images are not my own as my pizza photos are having a hard time loading but they will be up soon. 

Potato, Rosemary & Garlic Pizza


Image by http://www.cooktj.com/files/node_images/144/potato%20pizza.JPG


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 gluten-free pizza base (Old Time Bakery does a great GF base)
  • 2 medium potatoes, washed, peeled & cut into thin slices
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary 
  • sea salt & black pepper

COOKING 

1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. 

2. Heat the potato slices in a microwave for 7 minutes, making sure to cover the slices with glad wrap. 

3. Spread the minced garlic on the pizza base, then add the potato, covering the base. Sprinkle the rosemary, sea salt & pepper on top. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the base and the potato are slightly golden. 

Image by https://www.organicbuyersgroup.com.au/shop/images/OTB_Gluten_Free_Pizza_Bases.jpg

Antipasto Pizza

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 gluten-free pizza base (Old Time Bakery does a great GF base)
  • 200g artichokes (from a tin works best), drained well & cut 
  • 1 teaspoon pine nuts
  • 1/2 a small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste

COOKING 

1. 1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. 

2. Spread tomato paste evenly over the pizza. Add the cut artichokes, red onion and pine nuts. Sprinkle the mixed herbs over the pizza. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the pizza base and pine nuts are slightly golden. 

Serves / 4 (both pizzas) 
Total Preparation time / 8 minutes Antipasto Pizza / 15 minutes Potato Pizza 
Total Cooking time / 10-12 minutes 

x E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...