|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Thursday, June 28, 2012

RAINBOW OMELETTE



Do you ever have those days where you not only feel like shit, but every piece of news you receive is crappy? I had such a day yesterday and was, for once, not in the mood to cook. When I get really in my head, running is the only method that can chill me out. After my breathless, panting 8 km run last night, it was really 8pm and I was on the clock to provide something for dinner.
A little different from a conventional omelette, this Rainbow Omelette was a big crowd pleaser last night. Due to the sad and sudden disappearance of my spatula, I was unable to fold the omelette in half like is common practice. Instead I decided to let the egg completely set and serve the omelette in quarters. Me and my boyfriend Chris hungrily consumed this omelette at 8:30pm last night and my only regret was that I wish I had had 8 eggs in the fridge to make the meal bigger. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 6 eggs (preferably free-range)
  • sea salt & black pepper
  • 1/4 of a medium red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon dairy-free spread 
  • a small handful of sun dried tomatoes, 99% fat free and finely chopped
  • 3 heaped tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
  • Optional- if not dairy-free, add 1 tablespoon light grated cheese, 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese. 

COOKING 

1. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl, adding sea salt & pepper. Heat dairy-free spread in a large frying pan over medium heat and swirl to coat. Pour the egg into the pan, spreading the mixture around the whole pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes, chives, red onion and cheese (optional) and let the omelette cook, letting it stand for 5-6 minutes or until all the egg has set. Remove the egg from the heat, cutting it into quarters and serve warm. 

Works beautifully served with some oven-toasted gluten-free bread with dairy-free spread and a sprinkle of rosemary. 


Serves /
Total Preparation time / 6 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 6-7 minutes 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...