|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Thursday, June 28, 2012

SATURDAY SALAD



Being a child of four and coming from a huge Dutch family, I have craved solitude for as long as I can remember. I love nothing more than being social, and have a very social job. However, when I come home after talking constantly at work from 5am until 3pm or later, there is nothing I want more than to be alone for a few minutes (of course alone means being with my gorgeous 9 month old puppy Buddy). I had a rare weekend night alone last Saturday, no plans at all. When I don’t have to cook for anyone but myself, I really enjoy experimenting with salads (and then treating myself to dessert after). This Saturday Salad was a simple 8pm creation with radishes (a vegetable I had never tried before) and was rather satisfying as well as being pleasing on the eyes.

INGREDIENTS
Salad
  • 2 eggs, softly boiled (bring a small saucepan of water and eggs to the boil. As soon as water has boiled, turn off the stove and leave eggs for 4 minutes. Place eggs in cold water and gently peel away eggshell). 
  • sea salt 
  • 1/2 a ripe avocado, roughly chopped
  • 1 tomato, sliced finely into wedges
  • 1/4 of a bunch of easter-egg radishes, washed and cut into thin slices
  • a generous handful of baby spinach, washed 
Dressing
  • 1 teaspoon grape seed oil or any type of oil 
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice 

PREPARATION

1. Combine the avocado, tomato, baby spinach and radish slices in a medium bowl. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the salad, tossing well. Add the softly boiled eggs on top of the salad, halving them if you wish. Sprinkle sea salt over the top. 

Serves / 1- 2 
Total Preparation time /  14 minutes (including softly boiling the eggs). 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...