- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 small red capsicums, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 of a wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup gluten-free Kecap Manis (available in all major supermarkets)
- Optional- coriander leaves, to serve
1. Cook the rice by bring the rice and water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and cook, for 25-30 minutes or until all rice is absorbed. Remove from heat and place in a large serving bowl.
2. Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium-low heat and swirl to coat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring for 1 minute (until garlic is fragrant). Add the rest of the vegetables and the kecap manis and cook, stirring frequently, until all vegetables are coated with the sauce. Cook until the vegetables are just tender, for around 6 minutes if wok is on medium heat.
3. Serve cooked vegetables on top of the rice. Add coriander leaves to serve, if desired.
Serves / 4
Total Preparation time / 15 minutes
Total Cooking time / 25-30 minutes