|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Monday, August 6, 2012

CHICKEN VERMICELLI SALAD



I had a truly lovely Vermicelli Chicken Salad at ‘Sings’ restaurant in Brisbane last Monday night and was extremely eager to make my own. I was so incredibly eager that I rocked up to the restaurant again for Sunday lunch, however to my dismay it was closed. How selfish of those workers, I thought, to not be open when I needed them most. I therefore had to rely on my distant memory of the dish from a week ago. Whilst my salad did not taste as authentic as my restaurant experience, I was quite happy with the end result. If you are a lover of spicy food, add more sweet chilli sauce to the dish. Play around with different vegetables, such as boy choy or galangal. An easy, no-fuss midweek dinner. 



INGREDIENTS

  • 250g rice vermicelli noodles
  • 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into even 4cm pieces
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 400g bean sprouts
  • 2 spring onions, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons teriyaki chicken sauce 
Dressing
  • 1 teaspoon fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1/4 cup gluten-free sweet chilli sauce 
  • 1 spring onion, finely chopped

COOKING 

1. Combine the chicken pieces, oil, 2 spring onions and teriyaki sauce in a medium bowl. Refrigerate to marinade for 30 minutes. 

2. Meanwhile, place noodles in a boiling large bowl or pot of water. Make sure all noodles are covered by water. Leave for 5 minutes, then drain well with cold water. Set aside. Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking to combine. 

3. Heat a wok over medium heat. Add marinaded chicken, stirring often until chicken is cooked through and no pink colour remains. Add bean sprouts to the wok, stirring well to combine for 2 minutes. Then add cooked noodles, stirring well for another 2 minutes until noodles are coated with the marinade. Remove from heat. 

4. Place chicken and noodles in a large serving bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top of the noodles and toss to combine. Serve warm. 

Serves / 4 - 6 
Total Preparation time / 40 minutes (including refrigeration time)
Total Cooking time / 12 minutes 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...