|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS



I have occasional days where I get an intense, overwhelming need to bake. And not bake casseroles or savoury dishes, I’m talking about baking sweet treats, whether that be cakes, tarts, slices and/or muffins. Today was a lovely public holiday in Brisbane and after a hectic Monday & Tuesday, I needed some relaxing time. So I created these super simple blueberry muffins that looked so dainty sitting on my blue afternoon tea plate. Luckily I had a date at the park with some friends; therefore I was not faced with the opportunity of eating the 12 muffins myself.


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid form), plus extra, to grease 
  • 1 egg, beaten 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup

COOKING 

1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 170 degrees celsius. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin with coconut oil. 

2. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the bowl, pushing the flour to the sides. Pour in the egg, milk, maple syrup and oil and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries very gently (particularly gently if you are using frozen berries, as these tend to run more than fresh). 

3. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin holes evenly. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until muffins are slightly golden and just firm. 

Makes / 12 muffins
Total Preparation time / 12 minutes 
Total Cooking time / 20 minutes 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...