|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Sunday, October 7, 2012

PRAWN, CELERY & PARSLEY RISOTTO


I have to give a great deal of thanks to my mother and her mammoth cookbook collection for my inspiration in the kitchen. I swear every time I go to my parents’ house, my mother has a new cookbook that she’s obsessed with. She has dog-eared the pages, placed post-its on every recipe she wants to make (which is 100 out of 105 recipes most of the time, so I have never fully understood the point of this) and is bursting at the seams to tell me about the meals that she has / is planning to make. Its really sweet. The idea for this risotto came from a recent Weight Watcher’s ‘Takeaway’ cookbook that was shared with me as mum’s ‘new favourite’. Now, I adore risottos however they often are too rich or heavy for me to eat at night. This is why I particularly love this dish. No cream, no cheese, no butter and no fuss.

INGREDIENTS
  • 200g peeled prawns, tailed removed
  • 3 stalks celery, washed & finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups arborio cup
  • 3 cups gluten-free vegetable stock 
  • 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
  • sea salt 
  • coconut oil 

COOKING 

1. Bring vegetable stock to the boil and simmer, covered, until required. 

2. Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, adding onion and garlic when pan is heated. Stir for 4 minutes or until onion is soft. Add rice to the pan and cook, stirring, for one minute. Reduce the heat to low and add the hot stock, one ladle (1/2 a cup) at a time, stirring constantly until all the rice is absorbed. (This should take around 15-20 minutes depending on the heat of your stove). 

3. Stir in the prawns and celery and season with sea salt. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until prawns are pink in colour and are cooked and heated through. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley, stirring this through if you like. 


Serves /
Total Preparation time / 12 minutes (add more time if you are peeled & de-tailed the prawns yourself)
Total Cooking time / 27-32 minutes 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...