|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TOMATO, BASIL & CHEESE PIZZA



Pre-made gluten-free pizza bases are just my version of a godsend. When I’ve had a long work day or just don’t feel like standing in the hot kitchen slaving away, I buy these from Coles or Woolworths, add whatever toppings I have on hand and the oven does the rest. When I am feeling enthusiastic I experiment with more ingredients, such as an Antipasto pizza or a Tandoori chicken pizza. Yesterday I just wanted simple, quick and damn tasty. I must admit, this is the best tasting pizza out of all the ones I have made, and it’s the humblest.  


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 x Gluten-free pizza bases (available at all major supermarkets in the bread aisle)
  • 6 tablespoons tomato paste or prepared pizza sauce
  • 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 3/4 bunch of basil, roughly chopped
  • 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced 
  • 1/2 cup loosely packed light grated cheese

COOKING 

1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. 

2. Spread 3 tablespoons of paste/sauce on each pizza base. Arrange tomato slices on top. Scatter 1/2 a clove of finely chopped garlic, 1/4 cup of cheese and 1/2 of the chopped basil on each pizza. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until base of the pizza is golden and no longer soft. 

Serves /
Total Preparation time / 10 minutes
Total Cooking time / 23 minutes 

x E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...