|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

NO FUSS THAI CHICKEN SALAD


I made an amazing discovery a few weeks ago, in the form of udon noodles. Light, super easy to cook and versatile, these noodles have become my favourite base to cook with as of late. As the temperature heats up outside, I find my palate changing. I am no longer craving hot, hearty dishes of soup, heavy risottos or oven baked goods. I am now dreaming of colourful and fresh pasta and noodle salads. Looking through my Weight Watchers 'Simply the Best' cookbook, I searched for a dish that would satisfy my new appetite.


THAI CHICKEN SALAD 


Ingredients 

  • 2 small chicken breast fillets, chopped
  • 1-2 cups bean sprouts
    • The recipe calls for 1 cup, however I love bean sprouts so I tweaked it to 2 cups. 
  • 4 shallots, chopped 
  • 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
  • juice of 1 lemon 
    • or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce 
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce 
  • 400-440g udon noodles
    • the packets at the supermarket come in either 400 or 440g, you can choose either. 
Cooking

1. Cook chicken pieces in non-stick frying pan until just cooked. 

2. Combine the chicken, sprouts, shallots, coriander, lemon juice, chilli sauce and soy sauce in a large serving dish. 

3. Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Use a fork to gently separate the noodles. Drain well and stir into the chicken mixture. Toss to combine. 

Truly the easiest meal I have ever assembled! And the fresh flavours of coriander and lemon juice compliment each other beautifully. 

Serves 6 / Preparation time 25 minutes 




2 comments:

  1. yum, I love thai food :) looks delicious! xx

    http://poisegallery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. us as well! this dish is so simple to make, try it out and let us know how it goes. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...