|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Saturday, November 26, 2011

BUTTER BEANS



I discovered butter beans last weekend when they were on sale for 49 cents at a fruit & vegetable shop near my home. I must admit that the promise of a bargain sucked me in.  A bright yellow colour, these beans are far more exciting to cook with than the same old green beans I usually buy. I made the dish below as a side to a takeaway meal (I cant seem to stop cooking even when I order out!). 

INGREDIENTS
  • 200-250g butter beans 
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
  • a pinch of sea salt 

COOKING 

1. Steam the butter beans for around 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. 

2. Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar and chives. Drizzle this dressing over the beans and add salt if desired. 

x E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...