|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Friday, November 25, 2011

CREAMY POTATOES WITHOUT THE CREAM


Potatoes. Hundreds upon hundreds of recipes to cook them. Endless possibilities. I usually cook potatoes as an addition to a meal, when I realize that the main dish I have slaved over may not satisfy mine and my fellow diners’ appetites. This happened earlier this week. I searched my fridge for what I could add to the bland boiled potatoes. I found a tub of crème fraiche that barely had 1 tablespoon left in it and some bright green chives. And voila!


INGREDIENTS 
  • 500-600g waxy white potatoes, peeled
  • 1 tablespoon low-fat creme fraiche
  • 2 heaped tablespoons fresh chives

COOKING 

1. Slice potatoes into thin, even slices. Place sliced potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water for around 10 minutes or until they are tender. Drain well. 

2. Place cooked potatoes in a bowl. Add chives and creme fraiche and stir well to combine. 

Serve hot or cold. I found that I did not need to add any salt or pepper due to the creme fraiche. I find it immensely satisfying when I can cook a meal and find myself NOT wanting to add any salt to it. This is definitely a good thing, cholesterol wise. 



x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...