|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Sunday, February 10, 2013

MISO STEAK with VEGE STACK





Steak is something that I didn't used to really love to eat, but I know I need to eat to keep my iron levels from plummeting to an anemic level. Therefore I am often searching for ways to make red meat appetising for myself. On a lunch and movie date with my mother a few years ago she suggested that I try marinating steak with miso paste. I was intrigued and went home to do just that. The steak marinade was salty, moreish and light and before I knew it the meat had disappeared from my plate. I think my partner was secretly upset, as it was the first time that he was not begged to help me finish my steak. What a catch-22 for him; nicer steak but less for him to eat! 

INGREDIENTS

Miso Steak
  • 350-400g lean eye fillet steak, cut into two even sized pieces (or approx. 150g for a woman, 200-250g for a man)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped 
  • 1 heaped tablespoon miso paste 
  • 1 teaspoon rice bran oil 
  • al foil 

Vege Stack
  • 1 green capsicum, membrane & seeds removed, cut into 6 slices
  • 1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices 
  • 1/2 an avocado, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 
  • Optional - fresh basil leaves 

COOKING 

1. Combine all the steak ingredients except for the oil and al foil and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 10 minutes. 

2. Whilst the steak is marinading, assemble your vege stacks. 

3. Heat the oil in a medium frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the steak for around 3 minutes on each side, allowing a little more cooking time for the bigger steak on each side. Remove from the pan and loosely cover the steak with al foil for 5 minutes. 

4. Steak the two steaks alongside the vege stack, which can be drizzled with balsamic vinegar and topped off with a fresh basil leaf or two, if desired. 

Serves /
Total Preparation time / 15 minutes plus 30 minutes refrigeration time 
Total Cooking time / 30 minutes 

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...