|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Saturday, March 31, 2012

AUTUMN FRUIT SALAD




Fruit salad is such a simple, yet delicious breakfast that I am surprised I have never made it before. After a long, albeit leisurely walk with my puppy this morning, I was feeling extra fresh and wanted to nourish my body with natural food. The very best thing about this salad is the beautiful, vibrant colours. Whilst I used whatever I had in the fridge/freezer, you could mix up the ingredients and add blueberries, figs, apricots, nectarines, fresh mint etc. As we are in the season of autumn at the moment, I opted for mostly fresh fruit (the exception being the raspberries- I am waiting for the day when I am able to afford to spend $10 a punnet on them). If you use lots of fresh orange juice, you may find that you only require a small amount of honey. If you pre-cut the apples or peaches, place them in a lemon water solution (the juice of one lemon and around 5 cups of water) as this will prevent them from browning. Before serving drain the pre soaked fruit well. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 handfuls of fresh or frozen raspberries (if frozen, thaw first)
  • 1/2 a small rock melon, cut into cubes and skin & seeds removed 
  • 2 small apples, cut into cubes and core removed
  • 1 large peach, cut into cubes and core removed 
  • the juice of 1/2 an orange
  • a generous drizzle of honey 

COOKING 

1. Combine the raspberries, rock melon, apples, and peach in a medium serving bowl. Drizzle the orange juice and honey on top and serve immediately. 

Serves /

x E
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...