|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

BEEF RICE VERMICELLI



I realised the other day just how many vermicelli recipes I have on this blog….it sometimes seems like an Oriental blog to an outsider. Variety is fundamental in cooking and I must remember this…But now for one last (for this month!) rice vermicelli dish. Day 9 got off to a not-so-good start with me craving sweets. Hence I took this craving and tricked myself into thinking I had a desire for beef, rice noodles, beans and a sweet chilli dressing. My well thought out plan did not exactly work and I had to finish the day with some yoghurt (low-fat of course).


INGREDIENTS

  • 400g lean beef, cut into thin strips
  • 150g beans, trimmed and washed
  • 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil 
  • 200g rice vermicelli noodles 
Dressing 
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce 
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce 
  • 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce 
  • 1 garlic clove, finely diced 

COOKING 

1. Heat sesame oil in a medium frying pan over low to medium heat. Add beef strips and cook, stirring constantly, until beef is browned and no red flesh remains. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. 

2. Place vermicelli in a heatproof bowl or saucepan and pour boiling water over noodles. Stand until noodles are just tender, then drain well. Pour cold water over noodles and drain again. 

3. Make dressing by combining all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and then shaking well. 

4. Place cooked vermicelli, beef and trimmed beans in a large serving bowl. Drizzle dressing evenly over the top and serve. 

Serves / 2
Preparation time / 10 minutes 
Cooking time / 10 minutes 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...