|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Monday, March 5, 2012

SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN & RICE VERMICELLI




I decided last week to join a 12 Week Challenge that my work created, Studio Pilates, for several reasons. One, I actually run the program for the company and thought that living the program would make me better equipped to understand what clients are going through. Two, I was given some news about my health the other day that jolted me quite a bit. Three, because I love a challenge and four, because I have recently increased my sweet intake. I suppose the fifth and very last reason was to tone up and lose perhaps a few kilos, but as you can see this is not the foremost priority of mine with regards to this experience. The program is called ‘Results by Jade’ by the co-owner of Studio Pilates, Jade Winter and is a scientifically formulated results program that leads to fast and permanent weight loss. You can check it out via this link; http://www.studiopilates.com/results-by-jade.html
Anyways, day one went very well. Whilst I detoured from the programmed recipes to create my own dinner (of course!) I am certain that it would be an approved meal. No sweets whatsoever were consumed today, which is a rather big achievement for me. Day one down, 11 weeks and 6 days to go! 





INGREDIENTS

  • 1 medium sized chicken breast (around 300g)
  • 250g rice vermicelli noodles
  • 1/2 lebanese cucumber 
  • 2 green shallots, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, finely diced
  • coriander, to serve 
  • 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
  • 1 table white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil

COOKING 

1. Combine chicken in a medium bowl with garlic, sweet chilli, vinegar, lime juice and shallots. Toss well to combine and place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. 

2. Meanwhile, cook rice noodles by pouring boiling hot water over the noodles and letting them sit for a few minutes. Drain well. 

3. Heat sesame oil in a medium frying pan on low to medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until chicken is just cooked and no pink flesh remains. 

4. Serve cooked chicken on a bed of rice vermicelli noodles and scatter fresh coriander on top, if you wish. 

Serves 2
x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...