|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Monday, March 5, 2012

CHICKPEA SALAD WITH MOROCCAN DRESSING



Second day of my 12 week challenge. Surprisingly I felt much more energized when I woke up at 4:15am for work than I usually do. One day in and I am already experiencing the benefits of not consuming unnatural sugars. The day continued without me experiencing the tired spells that have become a frequent occurrence for me. The salad above I ate for lunch today. Very simple to prepare, it took about 5 minutes to assemble last night. The dressing is low in fat and quite tasty. I do recommend adding the red onion and or diced green shallots to increase the flavour. The chickpeas should really fill you up, however you can also eat a piece of fruit after the salad (I did!).


INGREDIENTS


Salad 

  • 1 x 400g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 2 tomatoes, roughly diced
  • 1/2 large lebanese cucumber
  • 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
  • 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
  • a generous handful of baby spinach leaves (washed)
Dressing
  • 1 teaspoon Tahini
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons water 
  • 1 large garlic clove, finely diced
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin 
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil 

COOKING 

1. Combine all salad ingredients in a medium bowl. 

2. Combine all dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well. Drizzle over salad to toss to mix well. 

Serves / 2
Still hungry / add a piece of fruit 

x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...