|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Friday, January 11, 2013

SUMMER FRUIT SALAD



Yes fruit salad is a form of salad. And on a sweltering hot night like last night, sometimes all I can stomach is some mighty good fresh fruit. Day 3 of the 7 days of salad was very busy for me, involving a beautiful but tiring day at the coast with my two gorgeous puppies and my equally, if not more, gorgeous niece. When I got home after 6pm the last time I wanted to do was to make a green salad, when my heart and stomach was screaming out for some refreshing fruit. Hence this very very simple salad was born, from the leftover fruit in my fridge. I added maple syrup instead of honey, because believe it or not, maple syrup has less sugar and is often less processed. 


INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 rockmelon, seeded & roughly chopped
  • 8-10 lychees, peeled 
  • 1/2 punnet blueberries, washed 
  • 4 nectarines, 2 white & 2 orange, roughly chopped 
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup 

PREPARATION 

1. Place all fruit in a medium to large serving bowl, drizzle maple syrup over the top and toss well to combine. Serve cold. 

Serves / 4
Total Preparation time / 10 minutes 


x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...