|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

10 MINUTE GLUTEN FREE SPAGHETTI


When I began to eat mainly gluten-free, the food I missed most was pasta. For some people giving up pizza, bread and/cookies may be on the top of their list, but I just adore pasta. I must have been Italian in another life (although my Dutch & Russian pale skin greatly opposes this idea). Due to the void that not being able to eat wheat pasta created in my life, I try to fill it with eating GF pasta every fortnight. I came up with the recipe below last Saturday night, as I was in the kitchen with my sister. She was making a salad of her own and this recipe suddenly popped into my mind as I watched her chop. I have made quite a similar pasta dish in the past which features on this blog (GF pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and crème fraiche- check it out!), however this is a much easier and faster recipe. A quick note- don’t skip on the fresh herbs! If you don’t want to add chives/ they are not available to you, substitute them for fresh parsley or basil.


INGREDIENTS
  • 250g Gluten-free spaghetti 
  • 1 large tomato, finely sliced
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 100ml light Philadelphia cream for cooking
  • 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
  • pinch of sea salt & pepper 

COOKING 

1. Bring a large saucepan of warm water to the boil. Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes or until spaghetti is al dente or soft (depending on your pasta preference). Drain well.  Meanwhile, slice tomato and cut chives. 

3. Combine all ingredients together in a large serving bowl. 





x E 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...