|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Monday, January 2, 2012

NO CRUST VEGETABLE QUICHE




 When my best friend told me that she despised eggs, I initially thought that this was quite strange. However, ever since she told me this I have opened my eyes and ears and realized that I have several other friends who find the taste and texture of eggs unappealing and 'gross'. Never one to shy away from a challenge, I decided to create a few dishes that featured egg in them but did not taste extremely ‘eggy’. The first dish I made was the Asian omelet Okonomoyaki, featured under the December posts in this blog. Despite the 9 eggs in the omelet, after one bite my friend quickly told me that the dish did not taste at all like egg and was in fact quite delicious! This no crust vegetable quiche is another creation of mine that I hope to have her taste one day. So simple to make, this protein- packed quiche can be stored in the fridge for a few days and used for lunches or for dinner, accompanied by a vegetable dish.


INGREDIENTS 

  • 1/2 a leek, finely chopped
  • 1 medium carrot, grated
  • 2 medium zucchini, grated 
  • 100g gluten free ham, roughly chopped
  • 6 eggs (preferably free range), beaten 
  • 75g reduced-fat grated cheese
  • pinch of sea salt & ground black pepper 
  • 1/2 cup plain flour (or gluten free flour)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • cooking oil

COOKING 

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan-force. Lightly spray a 20cm x 30cm baking dish with cooking oil. 

2. Assemble all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine. 

3. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and make sure it is evenly spread. Cook in the oven for around 40-45 minutes or until quiche is lightly golden and egg is firm. Serve warm or cold. 





x E 

2 comments:

  1. awesome em! I am going to try this gluten free for my family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a comment when you have to let me know how it went Pheebs, Id love to know. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...