|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Saturday, January 21, 2012

MAPLE SYRUP PANCAKES



If you have glanced at my blog more than once, you may have noticed that a very important meal of the day is missing : BREAKFAST. As I start most days at 4:15am, I can’t seem to motivate myself to cook at this time, as it would require awaking 15-30 minutes earlier. I have recently decided to focus more on cooking breakfast on the days that I allow myself a decent sleep in. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Its extremely vital to kick-start that metabolism of ours with the first meal of the day. Today, Sunday, was the first day of my cooking-breakfast regime. As I was suffering from non-creativity this morning, I made pancakes. I paused when combining the traditional flour, sugar, eggs and milk together and poured a generous dash of maple syrup in the uncooked batter. I would highly recommend this, as the cooked pancakes came out of the frying pan with more flavour than usual. Stay tuned for more breakfast posts in the coming weeks!  


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup self-raising flour 
  • 1 tablespoon caster sugar
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence 
  • 2/3 cup skim milk
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 50-75g fresh or frozen raspberries
  • Cooking spray
  • Extra maple syrup


COOKING 

1. Mix flour and caster sugar together in a medium bowl. Add egg white, vanilla essence, milk and maple syrup and whisk well to combine until batter contains no lumps. 

2. Heat a shallow frying pan with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the pancake batter into the pan and cook on low heat until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook until pancake is slightly brown. Remove from pan and cover, keeping warm whilst you repeat this process. The batter should make around 4 large pancakes. 

3. Serve with raspberries and extra maple syrup, if desired. 

Serves:
Preparation & Cooking Time: 15 minutes 





x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...