|   HOME   |   PILATES   |   FOOD   |   FITNESS   |   HEALTH   |   MY STORY   |

Thursday, January 5, 2012

EASY RASPBERRY MUFFINS



Friday baking days are back and thriving! Over the holiday season I have let my once a week baking go and I have dearly missed this day. Today I wanted to whip up something very quickly, as I had a frantic day ahead due to the celebration of my birthday tonight! So I decided raspberry muffins would be easy and simple to bake. Having just rushed to the supermarket to buy the raspberries, I was a tad dismayed when I returned home and realized that I also needed to buy eggs for the muffins.  As necessity is the mother of invention (and as I was not going to the shops again) I decided to wing it and not use eggs in the mixture. I despaired about this for around a minute, thinking that the muffins may turn out, for lack of a better word, shit. Then I got to work, making the easier raspberry muffins ever! And, whilst not exceptionally fancy, they tasted wonderful ! 

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 50g reduced fat butter, melted
  • 200g raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed slightly if frozen)
  • cooking oil spray

COOKING 

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Lightly spray a 12-hole muffin pan. 

2. Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Form a well in the centre of the bowl. 

3. Combine the butter, milk and vanilla essence in a small bowl and whisk together. Add to the large bowl. Use a metal spoon to stir together until it forms a batter. Gently fold the raspberries into the mixture. 

4. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan. (You may be able to make 12 muffins, however I only filled 11 as I filled the muffin holes to the brim). 


x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...